View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #48
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
There's case law that covers this. If you look up the exceptions to the 4th Amendment you can check it out. As I recall, a man near the Canadian border had his laptop seized and, according to him, he was 'forced' to reveal his password.
I worked for a company whose executives had reason to travel to China. It was believed that the authorities there would seize laptops and force people to input or tell them the passwords. Our techy department set up the laptops in such a way that one password worked as normal, whilst another opened the laptop up, but also deleted a 'sensitive documents' folder. It worked in testing - I don't believe it was ever actually used in reality though.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote