Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #603
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I'd like to read this again now that I'm an adult and see if it was as good as I remember. Any ideas?
Your description is tickling my memory. I can't decide if I have read it, or if it elements of other books are combining into this one. Any idea of when it was written?

Two books did come to mind. The first is "Tunnel in the Sky" by Robert Heinlein. From memory, it is a good match except that I don't think it had the virtual environments. The other book I thought of is "Rite of Passage" by Alexei Panshin. That isn't it, but the training and testing kids brought it to mind.

And I'm with the others. I hope someone identifies it as I it sounds interesting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote