View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks Tshering, as you say this is not the experience that it's supposed to be.

Unfortunately the book I have been testing this out on is not going to work using that method either because the superscript numbers are not recognised as being index linked. That is, they appear for all intents and purposes as text - just numbers in a superscript style.

I can't believe the issues involved in using the Glo to read non-fiction!!! You can't zoom (eg maps) unless it's Kepub, or Pdf - and the book is rendered terribly in Pdf, I tried.

The Annotations are hit and miss as to whether they're really saved, with some of my test Annotations disappearing altogther, and then whammo, one returning!!

And now the inability to access the Notes as I'm reading.

Blimey Charlie (as they say in the Classics!)

I've been using my Playbook as my primary ereader (because my Sony 650 is way too dark) and even using an app on that I can access easily the Notes!! Although I can't zoom or make Annotations.

Gee willackers!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote