View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #72
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Here is another minor idea that I want (but not yet sure how to do). I've already made the "Search the Internet" plugin for books, but I also want a "Search local drive" plugin. This would let me configure a root directory (to my stash of unprocessed GBs of books) and then spawn a windows explorer search for an author.

For instance I currently do stuff like type "name:child name:lee" into the search box in windows explorer to get it to show all the directories and files for that author, which I will then drag to a working folder for processing.

Unfortunately Microsoft don't seem to make it very easy to automate this. I know it is theoretically possible to create a saved search file and launch that with explorer but the internal complexity of it seems immense and struggling to find documentation for it. If anyone has done/knows of anything doing this let me know...

Using third party search alternatives could be another option I guess. Again if anyone has any recommendations let me know.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote