View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil75070 View Post
Can you really do that? I thought the Amazon DRM tied them directly to a device, even if that "device" is the Kindle4PC. I don't think I can copy a book from my K3 to my computer and read it with my Kindle4PC.
Any book that you download in "Kindle" or MOBI format will go into K4PC if you so direct it. If you obtain your books from sources other than Amazon which do not have DRM-protection, or if you download those few non-DRM books from Amazon, they may be dragged into the Kindle \document folder and read on the Kindle. If you move a bit to the 'dark side' you can remove the DRM from the Amazon DRM'd books and then move them. But you don't really need to do that since any book in your K4PC application will appear as an "Archive" book on the Kindle -- assuming you have both registered with Amazon on the same account. As with so many others here, I usually remove the DRM for the sole purpose of storing them in a more 'universal' format for the future. Who knows how long DRM will be readable?
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote