Old 08-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Thanks much for trying to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Please post the error message in full, if it's a calibre error then there's a button to copy the message to the clipboard, which you can paste into a post; otherwise post a screenshot
At first I was getting the error about not being able to add books, followed by some lines ending in fatal error about not being able to start child: I cannot give you the actual message since, after deleting Calibre and reinstalling it, the message went away and now it just hangs after initiating an Add Books command.

Quote:
You posted this in the Server sub-forum, any specific reason for that? Is your library is on a server of some sort - file server, shared drive, NAS, Internet host etc? If it is, see ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?
My bad. looked and looked, and couldn't find a sub forum which could be used just to report the error I was having. And, after all, I just want to use Calibre to add new books to Calibre, so a server topic seemed vaguely relevant. Tell me where to post, and I will go there and repost my problem.

Quote:
Which version of calibre are you using ?
I am using Calibre 1.48 since I am operating under Windows XP.

Quote:
The potential paths to exclude from Norton and Acronis are:
  • The install folder - that would be normally be something like "C:\Program Files\Calibre2"
  • The configuration folder - that would be normally be something like "C:\Users\<your username>\appdata\roaming\calibre"
  • The library folder - where ever you keep it - e.g. "C:\Users\<your username>\appdata\roaming\Documents\Calibre Library"
These paths are correct, but how do I use them to exclude from Norton and Acronis? I can't locate any paths in either program to eliminate items from. I'm certainly computer literate, but no forum ever mentioned specifically how to effectively how to use the paths to subvert the program's quarantining actions.

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2019 at 05:23 AM. Reason: To fix quote/response
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote