View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl1c View Post
I moved to KyBook3 as that does everything (I think) CC can do (sync using Calibre's Content Server or its own Content Server with a Calibre plugin) and it can be used as a reader for virtually every ebook format and as a player for audiobooks (and lots more besides).
It doesn't sync calibre metadata updates without re-transferring the book. It doesn't support all of calibre's custom column types (perhaps none of them), or support sorting/searching/grouping on calibre custom metadata. Of course this might not matter to you, in which case you have found a solution.

EDIT: I just noticed that you wrote a KyBook3 sync plugin that apparently can sync some standard calibre metadata.
Quote:
Because CC has so many users, I feel like I must be missing something. Does the latest version allow reading of ebooks? Are there some hidden features I don't know about? Or is it just that Android doesn't have a multiformat ebook reader?
There are several Android multi-format reader apps. Some people use them, but more seem to prefer separate apps for separate formats because of interface peculiarities called for by the format. For example, one doesn't read a comic in quite the same way as an epub (flow, zoom, etc). The same is true for pdf. And then there are matters of taste. It is truly amazing how "intense" discussions can get about the merits of particular reader apps, especially CSS handling.

And of course the same things I mentioned above are still valid. I know of no reader app that gives you access to all of calibre's metadata.

Last edited by chaley; 04-08-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Saw plugin
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote