View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ienosos View Post
I would definitely be interested in the update but I purchased from the Amazon App Store. Will it work? I don't want to try to install it if it's only checking the Google Play store for the license. (I really don't know how that stuff works.) Thanks!
No, the Google Play version won't work if you purchased the Amazon version. Amazon's licensing is totally different and not under our control.
Quote:
(FYI: My Kindle Fire version of CC currently works fine with the comment formatting turned on. But I use the Amazon App thing on my Android tablets and phone to install and update CC on those devices and it does not show comments with formatting turned on on them.)
The problem occurs because of a Google update to a "webview" component, I think only for Android 7 and above. Most Amazon devices run Android 5 so they aren't affected. Some of the new devices run Android 7.

I think I can release the update on the Amazon store, in which case you will get it in the fullness of time. I don't think Amazon has made the same policy change as Google.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote