View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Sometimes I wish I didn't surf as much as I do.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-XPS10-272...pr_product_top

Tempting but I think the form factor would bother me very quickly. I have an Acer A500 and way too clunky for me to haul around.
I've seen it a few months ago in German Saturn Markt.
To me, the only reason to consider it, would have been the clip-on keyboard.
And that's exactly the problem:
With the keyboard clipped on, it's really bulky.
Way more than my MacBook Air for example. And way more than Microsoft Surface Pro for example.
And as a standalone tablet, I didn't find it really compelling. As a bargain tablet, I'd prefer Asus VivoTab Smart for example. There's a keyboard/cover combo available. For transportation, you can put their bluetooth keyboard between cover and tablet.
The only issue that really bothered/annoyed me on Asus VivoTab Smart: They use a proprietary (and crappy) software for their updates. Else, for € 400, it did perform surprisingly well.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote