View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I suggest asking in the Kobo forums for more details about these readers...you'll get more answers from Kobo owners themselves rather than from owners of other devices touting theirs. I can't talk to the Glo which is being sold at Costco Canada for $127.99 with the Sleep Cover (usually $30) as a bonus but several threads in the Kobo forum give very detailed reviews about it.
I have a Mini: $80 in Canada.
- no ads
- very small and light (5" screen)
- several dictionaries available (select during set up)
- highlighting and notes available, I don't export so don't know if they can be exported
- fonts can be added without rooting
- screen is very good (IMO), fonts are crisp and dark
- I don't think a 5" screen is going to work with your pdf wish...pdfs are already not all that great to read on a 6" screen...
- you do need to register your device with a Kobo account in order to set it up but you can do that with a "dummy" account and never buy books or sync to Kobo after that
- shelves (collections)
- works very well with Calibre
- performance is fast
- no audio anything...
- no memory expansion
- can't change screen orientation
- touch screen (infrared)
- wifi
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote