Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #83
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
thanks, pre-rendered and Cached doesn't really mean the same thing. I see now how they really meant 5 books total. I wonder how long a book they are allowing. 5 is a funny limit not a real good binary number. 7 would be better.

Dale
I would guess they just took some arbitrary (hopefully long) page count and figured out how many books of that length they could fit after converting to their "pre-rendered" format, then set that as the max # books. Doesn't make sense that it is limited to five books, five books like "War and Peace" vs five "Curious George" books are a world apart.

The whole mess doesn't really make any sense to me. I was fairly excited when I first saw the Engadget article and before I saw anything else, but now... and and
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote