View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #615
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow, 800 , really? That does not sound enough calories to me hmmm ...
Well, it's certainly not enough for day-to-day living. That's rather the point. But if you want to drop 1kg a week, that's the sort of number of calories per day you have to aim for. And do the exercise. And make sure you're getting sufficient nutrients. All of which Stitchawl is doing.

I do wonder whether he's counting right. 1kg/week is about 7000 calories deficit or 1000 calories/day. Unless Stitchawl is very unusual, he should need over 2200 calories a day to maintain his weight, so 1000 calories less a day would be a 1200 calorie intake.

I believe that the generally accepted sensible minimum for dieting is 1200 calories/day. But you still have to watch your nutrients.

Personally, I prefer a more gentle diet plan, but then, I don't have a paragliding adventure deadline.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-10-2012 at 11:21 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote