View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
No, I am from Europe. There is the thread on this forum, where to buy M92 and some user experience.

Generally, there is no official Onyx seller in US or Europe, despite the web address used... If I would be to buy 2nd M92, I would choose between e-shop in my country (because of VAT and probably easier replacement in case of hw problems) or Booxtor shop (Germany). Thay have good price, good service and free delivery (even international) till end of this month...

I do not have experience buying books from M92. I cannot tell you, whether it is really possible...

Web browsing is usable on M92, it is not by any means so comfortable as on PC. The browser interface is simpler than browsers 10-15 years ago. General problem with e-ink and web is that most of pages have animated pictures and repeated redrawing the screen is very unpleasant on e-ink... And depending on the page, the color might be a problem...

It works OK for Google, Wiki and similar simply designed pages...

I also do not understand, why there are only 3 10" e-ink reader "manufacturers" - Amazon, Onyx and Pocket Book. To my opinion, 10" e-ink reader with good SW would be bestseller in academic and research users... I wish Onyx would spot the oportunity that comes once or twice in the life....

I would say, M92 is now quite OK for reading and annotating academic papers. With a new pdf reader (now beta or perhaps alpha version) it will be even better.

And if Onyx improves at least little bit sort of cumbersome interface, it will become just perfect (for academic reading).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote