View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Podcasts seem to becoming the 'next' blogs... It's something that's becoming more and more mainstream, and more and more flooded with slightly-worthless content...

Don't get me wrong, some blogs are useful, and interesting. If you describe MobileRead as a blog, then it's a good example of a good one (personally I'd describe it more as a news website, but that might just be me). Same thing with Surfin' Safari (Safari/WebKit devel blog - interesting stuff in it sometimes), or, again if you consider it a blog, Engadget.

But some of them, for example, many LiveJournals, are just idiots blathering away on things no one really cares about... Sorry if I seem harsh, but I never really got into the whole 'blog' thing too much... Similar thing with podcasts... I played around with them, and occasionally listen to one, but it just doesn't catch on for me...

I much prefer reading my news, as I can read much faster than the average person can talk, without being incoherent.