View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #12
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@tourneur Power button is indeed crap! But that could still be the software. Sometimes I need to press twice. Sometimes I need to press both power en page up.

Still need to look into koreader. I’ll get it up and running as soon as I have Pocketbook’s software as I like it.

@pghaworth I looked at the Kobo Forma; I remembered I really hate Kobo Nickel, its software. So that was a big minus for the Forma. Also the rumor that they soldered the microSD to the PCB didn’t make me happy. It’s nice and light and won’t break as easily. Still would need a cover to let the ereader stand, if I don’t want to hold it.

But it is also nice to have a software that doesn’t alienate hackers. So I rather like the Pocketbook. I also rather like the note taking features, its collection in an app and its ability to export. I am starting to like the dictionary, but that’s because I spent 2 days hacking a script to get dictionaries into it that I want. I like that the screen is big enough to read PDF’s.

I think I have been reading on it for two to three hours a day since I got it on the 20th of November. It will do. The next ereader should be truly amazing, though! This one isn’t. It’s nice.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-04-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote