View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I'm stuck in a quandary... ordered a Kobo Clara HD and a (help me!) Kindle Oasis latest gen. I doubt that either are what I really want and then there's the Inkpad 3 (not pro). haven't ordered it yet, but not sure I really want the Clara or the Oasis either.
Seems like you also need to decide which screen size you want. The Inkpad 3 is massive compared to the Clara.

I recently had an Inkpad 3, coming from Kobo ereaders. The hardware is pretty good. The big screen is great, front light is good (some light bleed), nice soft touch plastic, page turns buttons are a bit slim, the on-off button is horrible (very hard to press).

But I was really disappointed with the Pocketbook software. It's laggy, cluttered and the reading settings are very crude. No text justification, only 3 margin/spacing settings, steps in font sizes are too big and very few reading progress features (no chapter progress for example). In theory most of these issues could be mitigated by installing Koreader, but it runs like crap on the Inkpad 3.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote