View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #372
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
My Kindle Oasis 2 is working fine with the 5.9.7 update, loses 1-2% battery per day which is normal. I got used to this, it is 1% battery loss in my Voyage.

Maybe you should try to reset your device hope this would fix this issue.
The real problem is in the measurement scale used by ereader manufacturers. They use "weeks and months" but define that in terms of 30 minutes per day which is ridiculous and leads to absurd expectations and issues like this. If you read for a lot of hours per day, you're going to have to recharge your device more often. Dude, it's physics.

The proper measurement is that which all other device manufacturers use: hours.

My PaperWhite 1 & Nook Simple Touch used to last about 24 hours. Each new product introduction seems to have decreased that number such that my Voyage gets about 20-22 hours, my Aura One around 18 hours and my Oasis 2 about 16 hours.

By using nonsensical metrics, ereader manufacturers have insulated themselves from playing the battery-life game that other devices face. It's actually a very smart strategy if you don't give a crap about your users.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote