View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
andreabc,
Right now I have at least one book that is heavily requested and the top three names have stayed on this list for a month or so and they are all people with no books to lend and request lists varying from 8 to 18 books wanted.

Update: I just put the books back on and the list of the top three stayed and the other book had the guys name disappear. What is the name of the book that you are wanting that you don't seem to be able to get. The one I am having trouble with is Carrots with authors name of Colleen Helme.
OK, I tried adding Carrots to lend and I also get the 3 users with 8 to 18 books wanted.

The book that I was trying to get is called Marcelo in the Real World, but we then tried with a couple of others and the same thing happened (the 3 users in the list that comes up had very few o no books for loan available). I think that the users that come up have either requested the book before I have (timing of the request) or maybe one gets more priority if you have borrowed fewer books (or something else is going on).

edited to add: So, I just got my brother to open a new account and request the book. Then, my friend here tried adding the book for lending and now the first of the 3 names is my brother (1 borrow request / 0 loans available). I think that this means that a new user that has barely "engaged" in the site at all is really the one that gets top priority. It's not that I think that newer members shouldn't have the chance to borrow books too, but I think that their statement that the system "is programmed to reward the “most engaged” community members with faster book loans" is deceiving.
This probably also explains why we keep being asked to lend books to users with no books to lend.

Last edited by andreabc; 04-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote