View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I would suggest having three separate libraries within Calibre and switching between them. I use different libraries ( read, sci-fi, unread, pulp novels) and switching and managing books between them works very well for me.
I don't recommend this for most users, particularly new users. It makes it hard to search for books, it makes it hard to run the content server, recipe/news fetching needs more active management etc. Unless the user really needs different columns for the libraries, most new users will be better served with keeping a single library and learning to use tags, saved searches, restrictions, etc. to give the same results that multiple libraries give without any of the disadvantages.

I have no trouble keeping three different users on a single library. Although there are many differences in reading preferences, there are overlaps, particularly on news/recipes. With a single library, I never have to switch, and we all can access all of our books from anywhere in the world, whenever we want them.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote