View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post

nate said:
> As the chief rumor-monger, I have said nothing about Amazon
> possibly executing a FUD campaign. I have not been doing disinformation.
> I have only stated the information that I have found online,
> and some guesses I have made about that information.

to me, it shows you do not know how to evaluate the _trustworthiness_
of the information that you "have found online.

-bowerbird
You have truly stepped over the line. You should have actually _looked_ at the information I posted before attacking me.

I have posted the following information:

Two sets of results from the Google cache.
"kindle edition" site:amazon.com
whispernet site:amazon.com

An interesting fact about the second search: I know of at least one instance that I had found a whispernet reference (through Google) on Amazon _that_Amazon_removed_after_it_was_mentioned_here. The are only two ways that the search results might not be trustworthy: one, Amazon is faking them; two, Google is faking them. So, you think this is not a trustworthy source?

The results of a trademark search for "kindle" and "whispernet". I found a trademark for "kindle" that closely fit the description of the Amazon Kindle, and was owned by a corporation based out of a shopping center in Seattle. This corporation is also currently applying for a trademark for "whispernet" (I don't think they will get it). I found the trademark information on the federal gov't trademark dep'.t. website. I found the corporate registration on the State of Delaware website. So, you think these two sources are not trustworthy?

Some of the results of a search based on the customer service numbers listed in the Kindle Manual PDF. I have not finished this search yet.

The results of my investigation into the Kindle have appeared in dribs and drabs. This is because I did not take it seriously. I had hoped the Kindle would be released by now. But I have not ended the investigation, nor posted all that I have found.

Last edited by Nate the great; 11-01-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote