View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #34
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Drat! They've all gone back up in price--at all of the stores. I was late checking this thread. Well, I signed up for the newsletter, so maybe I can catch the deals earlier, from now on. It looked like there were some good ones in this sale, in the category that I checked.

Thanks for the post.

ADDENDUM: Someone mentioned, maybe three years ago, that if a price has gone up at one store, to check another one. Seems that some of the stores increase their prices later in the day, than others, maybe having to do with where their headquarters is, or something. I think that ATDrake was the one who mentioned it to me, but I might be mistaken . . . .

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Kobo tends to raise the price back to the regular price earliest, I think around midnight Eastern Time, possibly midnight Atlantic Time, and Amazon tends to raise the price 3-4 hours later, at midnight Pacific Time, and the other major retailers raise the price somewhere in between. If you price-match at Kobo, you can sometimes use this to get a 10% discount (in store credit) by price-matching Amazon or B&N after Kobo reverts to the regular price.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote