View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #157
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I respectfully disagree. The 650 firmware was far more robust than the T1 firmware. While your experiences have been good with the T1 firmware, many uses have had problems, as evidenced by the threads I cited. Sadly I have shared their problems pretty much exactly. I doubt it's isolated coincidence.
I had zero problems with 650 and 350 and even 600. I read about 500 books between them. The T1 I have occasional problems, battery discharge, application failure and slowdown when deleting from device, the whirring arrows thing that goes on until the battery dies, occasional freezing and double page turns using the buttons. Still they fade into insignificance when comparing to a few newer mainstream device problems.

IMO Sony's only competitor in the mainstream reader market for robust software are earlier versions of Sony Software. Of course I will be happy to see something better, but not holding my breath.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote