View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #152
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
Now i remember. Yes there were some ugly bugs in the T1 firmware. But it got fixed with a view firmware upgrades. I just read about this because I got my T1 later, when these bugs are fixed. Since this time these the firmware is stable as the firmware of nook or kindle. The T2 never had such big bugs.

But i can understand that someone experienced the T1 at it got first announced and sold. But believe me these bugs are fixed. The T1 with the later firmware is stable, the T2 is stable, so i see not why the T3 should have some flaky.

By the way, i also had an PRS 650. This was my first reader. It was a nice reader, but it had an bug with drm ebooks, and that bug got lately fixed by sony.
Reader freezes when accessing dictionary while reading

PRS-T1 becomes unresponsive

My refurb displays similar behavior. Sure, I could mess around with it and maybe get it to work, but why bother? It should work already. Back it goes.

A friend got a T2 and I helped him convert and load some books on and immediately hit a bug where you could only add so many collections or something like that. Looked it up on the net. I just didn't expect this after the x50 range which worked really well out of the box. I'm not impressed with the firmware of the T range.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote