View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #84
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive me for saying so, Jon, but in the United States, if you break DRM you are a criminal
You seem to be ignorant of the law. Breaking DRM is not illegal in the U.S.

The DMCA only prohibits you from figuring out how to break DRM and then publishing (in either code or written word) how it was done.

If you want to crack the DRM on your eBooks, you are free do do so. You just can't tell anyone how you did it.

It's perfectly legal for me to download some software to rip my DVDs to play on my portable video player. It's not legal for me to distribute such software.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote