View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive me for saying so, Jon, but in the United States, if you break DRM you are a criminal, and you don't even have the excuse with the MobiPocket format that the "disability exemption" to the DCMA applies - the MobiPocket Reader has no features such as reading aloud which are disabled by DRM.

One may argue that the DCMA is a bad law, but until and unless it is overturned by the courts, it is the law, and if you break it you are committing a crime.
DMCA is an affront to our rights. I am not going to let some stupid law cause me to have to spend money that I may not have to spend on something I've already spent money on. I do believe that if this went to court, that fair use would win out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote