View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #93
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I quit reading before 10. In my mind, Joe and Ranger ran off together and Stephanie is still out there bumbling around since the author has made it clear she'd never really choose between them or learn a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Once she went mainstream, I saw an interview with her and she really put down those early books she wrote as stupid, fluffly romance novels. That offended me and I've refused to read anything with her name on it since.
This always makes me sad. There have been other authors who made the jump to mainstream books without deriding their early category romance careers: Sandra Brown, Tami Hoag, Lisa Garner (who wrote SIMs as Alicia Scott), and Eileen Dreyer (who wrote as Kathleen Korbel, then wrote medical mysteries before coming back to write historicals still using Dreyer), plus others.

I could understand JE not wanting to write anymore when her son became ill. But she's signed new contracts since. If she's not really writing them, then she must like the money.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote