View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harnonia View Post
Hi! I'm considering buying this device (it would be my first ereader ever). I've seen this Tolino (and Kobos) in a bookstore and I liked it, expecially the screen. Could someone give me some feedback about it? I'm particularly interested in dictionary/translation function. Is it comfortable to use?
Thank you.
I have the Vision 3 HD - same weight and size as the 4. I find it really comfortable (I no longer use my Kobo H2O because I find the Tolino more comfortable to hold).

The available dictionaries are for German, English, Spanish, Dutch and Italian. I only use the English dictionary and it is fine - based on wiktionary.

The 4 has a newer, revised version of firmware (mainly to cater for the new light functions), but with a few other minor changes. I would describe the reading software as more basic than the Kobo, but perfectly fine with epubs. (It is poor with pdfs).

In use my Tolino has been very reliable (I was one of the unlucky ones who experienced too frequent corrupt database errors with my Kobo - which is why I got the Tolino, even though it is not officially supported in the UK).
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote