View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #105
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Right, but please understand that that's just your personal preference. Many readers (myself included) prefer the exactly opposite approach: they wish, if possible, for a book to instantly look the way they prefer to read their books, instead of having to get to that ideal look manually every time you start reading a new book.
Well sure. It's ALL about personal preference, for everyone. Right? I also wish for a book to instantly look the way I prefer with out too much fiddling. It just so happens that what I prefer is the fairly "standard" formatting experience that most ebooks I purchase already conform to fairly well. Moon+ denies me that formatting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Also, this is not just a Moon+ Reader preference, but I bet that practically all e-reader software behaves in a similar way. Good luck finding an app that gives preference to the publisher mode by default -- it might be a hopeless search for you.
You're right. None of them display exactly the same. There's always little quirks. But there's plenty out there that that allow me to start with a "This is how the ebook was created to look" standard and go from there. So it's not a hopeless search. I already have apps that do what I prefer. I just like to check out what else is out there in case anything is better. There was a lot of talk about this one so I checked it out.

No big deal, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything obvious I was overlooking to make it do what I want. There's not. Now I know.

Enjoy.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote