View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #508
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0n0klast View Post
Thank you for the ability to customize the paperwhite However, I have a total n00b question. I have version 5.3.4, not SO, I've installed the jailbreak, the python script, and the linkss files as instructed. All were successful. I can pop my own image successfully into the screensaver folder and it works fine. However, I want it to display the cover of the last book opened, and all the readme says is "drop a blank file called cover in the folder". Here's my n00b question: how do I create a blank cover file??? In which folder? The linkss one has many subfolders. I assume you mean the screensavers one. I tried: a) creating an empty text file (windows btw) And making png the extension and naming it cover. This just gives me a screenshot of whatever is displayed at the time (book, menu, whatever) and no overlay. Then i created a blank (white) png in photoshop and named it cover, but when i placed it in the screensavers folder and restarted, it reverted back to the default kindle screensavers. At that point I just put a random image, made sure it was the proper resolution and png, and then put that in there. After restarting, i have that random image as my screensaver. While technically I can live with this, manually googling cover images and changing them every time I start a new book, I'd prefer to make use of this function that does it automatically. What am I doing wrong? "Create a blank file" sounds like the easiest thing in the world to know, but I really have no idea. Thanks!
Blank File == a file with zero contents, not even a blank line.
The entire file is 'blank' of any contents. Whatever you use to create it does not matter - since it contains nothing.

I.E: Just the name - **WITHOUT** an extension (enable "view known extensions" in windows to be certain).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote