View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #507
peterbruells
peterbruells doesn't litterpeterbruells doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0n0klast View Post
Thank you for the ability to customize the paperwhite However, I have a total n00b question. I have version 5.3.4, not SO, I've installed the jailbreak, the python script, and the linkss files as instructed. All were successful. I can pop my own image successfully into the screensaver folder and it works fine. However, I want it to display the cover of the last book opened, and all the readme says is "drop a blank file called cover in the folder". Here's my n00b question: how do I create a blank cover file???
On UNIX it would be simply "touch cover". But even on Windows you should be able to open a text editor and save an empty file named "cover". Or you could duplicate the file auto-reboot and rename it to cover.

It really isn't a cover, just a file named "cover", which existence tells the hack in what mode to run. I guess checking a file's existence is easier - in terms of computing power - than to open and read a file and parse a configuration.

Oh, and it need to be in the linkss/ directory, where the cover-cache/ directory and all the other stuff is.
peterbruells is offline   Reply With Quote