View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #506
ic0n0klast
ic0n0klast began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad Mini 2
Thank you for the ability to customize the paperwhite However, I have a total n00b question. I have version 5.3.4, not SO, I've installed the jailbreak, the python script, and the linkss files as instructed. All were successful. I can pop my own image successfully into the screensaver folder and it works fine. However, I want it to display the cover of the last book opened, and all the readme says is "drop a blank file called cover in the folder". Here's my n00b question: how do I create a blank cover file??? In which folder? The linkss one has many subfolders. I assume you mean the screensavers one. I tried: a) creating an empty text file (windows btw) And making png the extension and naming it cover. This just gives me a screenshot of whatever is displayed at the time (book, menu, whatever) and no overlay. Then i created a blank (white) png in photoshop and named it cover, but when i placed it in the screensavers folder and restarted, it reverted back to the default kindle screensavers. At that point I just put a random image, made sure it was the proper resolution and png, and then put that in there. After restarting, i have that random image as my screensaver. While technically I can live with this, manually googling cover images and changing them every time I start a new book, I'd prefer to make use of this function that does it automatically. What am I doing wrong? "Create a blank file" sounds like the easiest thing in the world to know, but I really have no idea. Thanks!
ic0n0klast is offline   Reply With Quote