View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The stock nook and the rooted nook are a far removed Android experience.

A real android device is something like the Samsung Tab or the Xoom. There has been a lot of work by the Android community to bring a full fledged Android OS to the nook and they have done so. I'm currently running Gingerbread (2.3 --CM7) and the nook experience is excellent. Prior to installing Nookie, now CM7 I was very disappointed in the nook as a tablet, even as a reader. Now I'm loving this device.

Now that the nook has a fully functional OS I find I use it for most of my task, emails, surf, write documents, read (PDF, ePUB, MOBI) and play games. OTOH my son and wife who have apple devices struggle with the limitation of the iPad and really only use their devices as itoys (games, surf).

As the article mentions, the hardware is good with a good price point, it is no wonder why developer have migrated to give the nook so much support. I believe that the winning hardware vendor is going to be the one that gives users what they want. Stock Android with great hardware at a good price. It seems right now every vendor doing just the opposite.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote