View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
1. update epub3 manifest properties
2. generate NCX from Nav
3. generate OPF Guide from Nav
I very much like the addition of #3 to the epub3 tools. This will be very handy.

I would like to be able to run each of these 3 tools manually and individually at will, without having to save.

I personally do not need the option to automate these tools on Save(As), but have no objection to having automation offered to users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FWIW, if we do this, we should finally make including an NCX in the epub3 optional as well.
We could default epub3 to not make an ncx and not include a guide at all, unless the user specifically enabled those backwards compatibility features.
I will always include an ncx and guide in my epub3s for backwards compatibility. If these items are not included by default, I prefer to be able to add them in manually through the epub3 tools menu rather than having to do a Save(As).

Thank you!

Last edited by odamizu; 07-09-2019 at 12:14 AM. Reason: clarity
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote