View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
Phssthpok
Addict
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Horrible Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly what each of the following does, but if you download a copy of the calibre source code these functions may be helpful:

from calibre.utils.filenames import ascii_text
from calibre import sanitize_file_name_unicode
from calibre.ebooks.oeb.polish.check.parsing import make_filename_safe

I've used all of them at some point in various calibre plugins.
Many thanks, I'll look at those.

Meanwhile a bit of pottering around in unidecode() revealed the problem -- it uses __import__() to dynamically load a conversion module for each 256-char code page, and I just needed to change the module name to "calibre_plugins.foo.unidecode.X" instead of "unidecode.X". But I'd prefer to use something which is already present in Calibre if possible, so I'll check out your suggestions.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote