View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
MFI will import Image, Audio, Video and other Binary files into Calibre by creating a new empty Book with a format of .txt for each media file. Optionally, it will copy the original media file into the same directory as the new empty Book that was just created.
I think you need to explain in that paragraph that when a media file is copied to the 'book' folder it will retain its original name, which is contrary to normal calibre behaviour, hence:
  • it will not be accessible via the calibre View menu
  • it will not have a clickable link in Book Details
  • it will not be accessible via the calibre server
  • it will not be copied if the Copy to Library option is used

If the delete after copy option is chosen then it's a hard delete - so the file has gone, ostensibly forever. That option is often used in workflows that import 'books' into an Intake library for preliminary processing, and then move the books to a destination library.
  • that it will create 'problem' entries in the Check Library report.

FWIW - I prefer documentation to be linear text supported by images. To me the image in post #1 (and elsewhere) is a disparate collection of blocks of text plastered somewhat haphazardly onto a surface - it doesn't tell a story.

Added 1:I use iMatch for image management, can't imagine using calibre for individual images, but calibre's good for 'albums' packaged as a CBZ.

Added 2: I've had a couple of strange errors since I installed the PI. Once on calibre exit with a 'calibre is not responding' msg from Windows (never happened before), and another one - again from Windows - regarding an MP3 not being found, I think it was after I moved a book which had a 'misnamed' MP3. I've removed the PI and its json file permanently, so I won't be trying to repeat the conditions.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-11-2016 at 11:22 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote