View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #93
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@sherman: Decompression is where it's truly impressive, and that's what I was going for (coupled w/ a decent compression ratio, since the actual bottleneck is liable to be the Wifi, anyway) . Here, to get a compression ratio that's still worse than xz's defaults, I jump to --ultra -20, and it's then *slower* than xz (on the host, x64, both threaded).

(I mention xz because I've actually been using xz for these for quite a while on the Kindle side of things, and decompression speed is fairly nice (IIRC, better than both gzip & bz2) ).

But, yeah, if I needed the reverse (i.e, quick on-device compression, without particularly caring about the compression ratio), LZ4 would definitely be the top contender .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-18-2020 at 07:57 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote