View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #29
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

That's three different eBooks from three different companies and this shows that Amazon are cheating customers where ebooks.com is playing fair.
in all the amazon examples " this price was set by the publisher"
I think this shows that amazon never forsaw this and are in contracts which stop them matching the lower prices now appearing elsewhere

I expect a few lawyers at amazon are pulling all-nighters until it is sorted.

but will it make any noticeable blip in kindle sales & profits? I doubt it. most people are well indoctrinated with the " its cheaper at Amazon" mantra and do not stop to check before each new purchase
its not like there's a pop up in the Kindle store saying price alert - this is now 20% cheaper down the road.
and if you have a kindle reader, and don't subscribe to this forum to stay clued up on how to convert... where else are you going to shop for compatible books anyway

I don't even know of any price app that tracks book prices across retailers, yes there are some that tell you about amazon price drops, but none I know of that cater for today's situation

has anyone checked out he prices at Kobo UK, are they on the ball or sleepwalking through an opportunity ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote