View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:34 AM   #9
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
That's interesting. Only two devices in stock, but states it is an "authorized distributor of Onyx International Inc. in Canada". Does that mean they come with an Onyx warranty?
Not necessarily.

In the US, Bestbuy sells Onyx products and are acknowledged as an official reseller. But, Onyx's policy is that you need to contact the reseller to get the warranty taken care of. They only seem to honor warranties for devices bought from them directly via their website, their official amazon or ebay accounts. If you go to their help.boox.com website, it does not list any resllers.

In the case of bestbuy, they specify that the device comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty. Onyx refuses to take ownership of the warranty process unless it is bought from them directly. Bestbuy's response is that the device can be bought with their own geeksquad warranty, which costs an extra $60. Onyx's warranty policy and the battery issues some Onyx devices experience have put me off from buying another Onyx device.

That said, I had to send my Note pro for a repair recently because the battery was draining more than it should have in sleep mode. I originally bought it from Onyx's Amazon official account in US. While I had to pay for one way shipping and wait for about 3 weeks, the process was not problematic. I contacted onyx via their help site, they asked me to send it to an authorized repair shop in the US, and they replaced the battery without any issues.

If you are concerned about warranty coverage, my suggestion would be to get it directly from Boox.com. You might get import taxes and you might have to send it to China for repairs (as I am not sure if Onyx will let you send devices to US or Europe for repairs), but you would not have to worry about warranty coverage. If you are not concerned about warranty, my suggestion would be to go with the cheapest price available.
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote