View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #948
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@kiwidude,

Three suggestions (in both long and short form)

Long form---
1. Can you enhance the plugin to use a drop-down list of whatever available options are for each tag column in the sync or add features, instead of just the current tags column?

Add value to column #genre (Values) {drop-down list of #genre tags}
Remove value from column #bookshelves {drop-down list of #bookshelves tags}

I cannot remember each possible tag, but having the drop-down would greatly help.

2. Is there a way to use multiple calibre tags to designate a single shelf? Maybe the option of using "any of the following", just for uploading tags as shelves?

I have two columns designating bookshelves, one with the current list of tags for the current bookshelves, but another column that holds all the old tags from over the years that now don't quite match up, but are still useful for uploading as shelves:

Urban Fantasy, UF, Urban-Fantasy, urban-fantasy-series, uf-series, genre-urban-fantasy

You can see how having each one of those tags pointing to the current "Urban Fantasy" shelf would be helpful in uploading tags as shelves without having to go into the manage tags function and weeding through them. Especially if the tags come from different columns.

I tried listing each various form but it appears I need to have all of those tags to qualify for a match.

This request is not quite as "urgent" as the previous and the next suggestions..

3 Can you change the current way rules are arbitrarily deleted if the corresponding column is missing when the user only hovers over the shelf?

I may be missing a column because the library I am using doesn't have it, but having the rule simply deleted without even added or synced but just hovered over the shelf really messes things up. Different libraries have different columns and maybe I just forgot to add a column when creating it.

Having the ability to just ignore the rule rather than have it removed would be better since the plugin is not library specific but for every library in Calibre.
Unless you can devise "library specific" rules....this would be most helpful in tag naming....

Considering the idea of multiple libraries when working with the plugin would be such a nice enhancement when some libraries don't have the same columns as others, and some columns hold tags that are needed for naming shelves that are not in other columns in other libraries.

Short form---

1. drop down lists of tags on all available columns in the sync and add rules. Not just "tags" column.

2. Multiple tags identifying a single shelf rather to keep up with older or changed tag rules. Only when uploading tags as shelves.

3a. Stop arbitrarily removing rules if the columns aren't available when only hovering over the shelf. This sucks when the user simply needs to change libraries or add the missing column.

3b. Library specific rules? (that one seems the least likely to be implemented)

Thanks for your patience....
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote