View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Problem with my ScrambleEbook plugin and the Plugin Updater tool

I need to make a small change to my ScrambleEbook plugin (to remove some calibre metadata from epub3 books). However, before I do I noticed that the Plugin Updater tool doesn't think it is currently installed - even though it is. It currently appears in the 'Not installed' list.

This problem has probably existed since initial release - there haven't been any updates so far. I could be wrong but I think the problem may be that the Plugin Updater thinks the plugin is called "Scramble Ebook" (with a space) but the code inside the plugin's __init__.py file has "name = 'ScrambleEbook'" (no space).

What is the best way to fix this so that when I release the updated version current users will see that there's an update?

Perhaps this post should be in the Plugins subforum but I wanted to make sure that it would be read by someone with the correct forum privileges.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote