View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #45
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Multiple Q&S Libraries and Synching Tag & Title Rules

@Q&S Users:

If you have and want only a single Q&S database (99% chance), you can quit reading this post.

I have 4 "real" Q&S Libraries that I like to keep in synch for Tag Rules, Tag Priorities, and Title Rules so I have an absolute minimum of table maintenance to do. Yes, you can have multiple Q&S libraries, as long as you name them properly, and create each of them from the "official" Q&S library downloaded from the Q&S original post's .jar(.zip) file. You have to upgrade their databases individually whenever Q&S has a new version, of course.

The 4 Libraries are:

1. QuarantineAndScrub_filter
2. QuarantineAndScrub_prescrub
3. QuarantineAndScrub
4. QuarantineAndScrub_postscrub

Plus 2 Pristine Libraries:

5. CalibreEnglish
6. CalibreSpanish (I taught myself to read Spanish)

#1 is the very first Library that new ebooks are added into. Duplicates across all of the libraries are deleted here. I also may decide I don't really need another "History of Napolean's Early Years" or whatever, and delete it. I don't keep books here for long. I either delete them or move them to #2.

#2 is where they are converted to epub, their tags get a preliminary scrubbing, their ISBNs are extracted, their Authors and Author Initials are standardized, and then they are held indefinitely until I want to work on them. They are then moved to #3.

#3 is my main Q&S library. I only add books for scrubbing in small numbers so that jobs that are "for all books" or "all series" don't take long. When fully scrubbed, I move them to #4.

#4 is where they are held for any final minor fixes and perhaps a final Tag Scrubbing based on new Rules created after they left #3, but mainly to get them out of #3 so #3 does not have a lot of books in it at any one time. Ratings are downloaded here if needed. This is also where a full "Modify Epub" is run on all of them, plus Count Pages and Derive Genres. A final small Modify Epub is run to do a final metadata embed plus update their jackets. They may stay in #4 indefinitely based on whether I wish to work on them sooner or later. They are then moved from #4 to #5 or #6 depending on their language.

Okay, back to the reason for this post. How do I keep the Q&S Rules in synch to obviate the need to update the various Q&S Rules tables multiple times? Easily.

Step #1. Open DB Browser for SQLite.
Step #2. Open Library #3 (my primary Q&S library)
Step #3. Attach Libraries #2 and #4 using the Attach menu option. Assume that the "name" I choose for #2 is QS2, and for #4 is QS4.
Step #4. Switch to the SQL Tab, and copy in the following SQL that is kept in a .txt file for instant access:

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS2._tag_priorities SELECT * FROM main._tag_priorities;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS2._tag_rules SELECT * FROM main._tag_rules;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS2._title_rules SELECT * FROM main._title_rules;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS2._global_web_author_series SELECT * FROM main._global_web_author_series;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS2._global_web_series_detail SELECT * FROM main._global_web_series_detail;

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS4._tag_priorities SELECT * FROM main._tag_priorities;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS4._tag_rules SELECT * FROM main._tag_rules;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS4._title_rules SELECT * FROM main._title_rules;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS4._global_web_author_series SELECT * FROM main._global_web_author_series;
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO QS4._global_web_series_detail SELECT * FROM main._global_web_series_detail;

Step #5. Execute the SQL by clicking the "forward" button.
Step #6. Write Changes by clicking the "Write Changes" button.

Step #7. Close the database. Exit DB Browser for SQLite.

Done.

Now I can scrub in libraries #2 and #4 and achieve the identical results that I get in #3 (my master Q&S library database with my latest and best Rules). This scenario assumes that Web Source Validation of Work Series is performed mostly in #3, and the historical Web Source validation data is desired in #2 and #4 as well.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-10-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added Additional Q&S Tables to Keep In Synch Across Libraries
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote