View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #11
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I think it's a matter of how you choose a book. I choose a novel totally based on the blurb on the back. I don't want a sample of the writing. I'll read it when I buy the book. Nonfiction, especially craft/hobby or cookbooks are a different story. You need to see something of the recipes, writing to determine if the book is going to meet your needs.

As far as Audible, I have yet to come across the issue of the sample being different from the actual narrator and I have over 400 audiobooks. Have you complained to Audible when this happens? On the plus side, if you buy it from Audible and it is not what you expected, you can now return it for your money back. How can one argue with that policy.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote