View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I agree with mr ploppy that they really aren't mutually exclusive. But for a clearer response than the poll can indicate:

- Yes, I know how to create ebooks. (In code view.)
- No, I do not look at the code unless the presentation on my reader indicates that there is something wrong with the code.
- I fix the code if I can clearly see that it's broken or just wrong before even looking at it.

So my knowledge of the "guts" of an ebook does not cause me to care about the code unless, as I said, I can clearly see it does not display properly. It has to cause a readability issue before I'll even bother glancing at the code. And if I only need to shrink the margins, I'll just do a calibre quickie. I don't care if it makes the code "worse" - I just care that I can read the book.
Perfectly said.

Yes I can create, no I don't care about the code unless there is a problem, yes I will fix it.

Sometimes I just don't like the way it came from the publisher, and I fix to suit my taste, but that is very rare....Star Trek SCE I didn't like so I fixed those, that was a LOT of work because I've got all of them lol
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote