View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Did the original Kindle 1 have TTS?

I'm seeing a couple of original Kindles for sale on Craigslist. I've searched the wiki, and I can't quite tell if the Read to Me function was available on the original Kindle.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, if it is present, is there a keyboard way of turning the function on and off, or does the original Kindle need to go thru the menu system.

Why? I'm looking at this as a cheaper variation on Victor Stream Reader, that could generate a TTS voice for a book that was never made into an audio book for my mother, who is mostly blind.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote