View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #537
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
It is my hope that eventually Amazon will admit the problem with the color blotches, and I may get a replacement under warranty. Right now their customer service acts like this problem is mythical and/or completely unheard of.
When I spoke to Amazon CS they told me they were aware of the problem, if that makes you feel better. I'm pretty disgusted with the PW merry go round too, so I feel your pain.

Also, someone on kindle boards had this chat with CS about the PW problem. I'll copy the chat here. (It's on kindleboards the defective PW thread.)

Jose David:Thank you very much for waiting. I apologize for the long delay.

Me:That's okay, thank you for all your help.

Jose David:It seems this issue with the screen on the paperwhite has been reported. We've getting many of those, so I think the best way to go in this case is to send the kindle back for a refund, and then wait a little bit while our technical team is working on those tickets.
If we send you another one, we can't guarantee it won't have any screen issues, so I think the best decision in this case would be to refund the kindle.
I apologize on behalf of the company for this inconvenience you're having with the kindle paperwhite.

Me:Thank you for your input, david. I agree that there is no use in sending another unit. I will package up this replacement and send it back....however, if we send back the original defective one, my fiance will not have a kindle to read on (we sold his kindle fire when we pre-ordered) so I think we will keep it regardless of the defects and hope that we can take advantage of our warranty if amazon does work out the kinks later. While it is disappointing, it's still better than no kindle at all.

Jose David:Ok. Yes, definitely, the kindle will still be covered by the 1 year warranty, so once the issue is taken care of, we can get you a working unit.

Me:Great. Then that is settled. Thank you very much for your help, David. Would it be okay if I just sent this kindle back using the label I was going to use for the original defective kindle?

Jose David:You're welcome. Yes, that would be fine, you can use that label.

Me:Thank you again.
I will send it back and look forward to a future fix
We love amazon and this does not deter us from purchasing again.

Jose David:Thank you for your understanding.
Have a nice day :-)

Me:You too!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote