View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #93
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yes. If I was forced between the two - much rather my 8 year old witness to topless kissers then any of the rest of that.
One of the best video games I've ever played actually features all the things I just mentioned, including open and very realistic racism, prostitution, corrupted church figures, not to mention slum neighborhoods where people look and act just like poor and desperate people all over the world do. And when it was released in the US, guess what they were forced to censor? Not the children sold into slavery, not the drug trafficking, not to dialog of the desperate prostitutes, and not the torture scenes. Not at all. The one thing the publisher forced the game developer to censor before they agreed to release it on the US market was the hand-painted "cards" that you collect by sleeping with the many willing women the game setting throws your way.

Basically after you, or rather after the main protagonist, beds one of the many willing in-game wenches, you get a card showing her in bed, in the buff, with a sheet draped over the most private areas, most of the time leaving her upper body bare and turned to face you. Aside from one or two romance options (where the game requires you to develop a close relationship before allowing you to hit the sack together) this card collection is entirely optional, but was considered too offensive, and all cards were censored before the game was released in the US.

I'm sure everyone who's seen my posts so far in this thread can guess what my reaction was when the above announcement hit the gaming news websites.

This culture has some seriously twisted standards.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote