View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #53
aktarian
aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.aktarian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Prestigio PER3162b
I think part of the problem is piracy. Once you get an ebook you can upload it to filesharing site 5 minutes later. Then everybody can get it for free. You can't do that with physical books. So I guess publishers simply set prices high specially for books they know will get read and pirated in order to get some money.

Tied to this is other gripe I have, that is availability. I have a pretty narrow field of interest (historic non fiction centered on few periods) so getting things from established authors is hard. That goes double for older but still relevant works.
aktarian is offline   Reply With Quote