View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Sridhar
Sridhar began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Thanks.

To clarify, I have no problems when downloading the news using the "Download Now" button. I have it scheduled to download at 3:00am everyday in Calibre. I have Calibre come on at 4:00am everyday -I use iCal/Automator to launch Calibre at 4:00am everyday and quit the program at 5:00am. This gives plenty of time to download all the news that I wish to download. I do this because I use my desktop at work (a Mac Pro) to download the news and use my laptop at home to sync to my Kindle. The Calibre folder is on a shared dropbox folder, that I can access on both computers. I have to close Calibre on my desktop before launching Calibre on my laptop, since two versions of Calibre cannot share the same metadata.db file at the same time. This setup allows me to not have my laptop running all night (and creating a racket in my bedroom) and instead, my desktop, which is on anyway is doing the heavy lifting.

I checked again today. The New York Times is showing as downloaded 0 days, 9 hours and 40 mins ago (i.e. at around 4:10am this morning as it should have). But it is not in Calibre, and the appropriate files are not in the calibre folder.
Sridhar is offline   Reply With Quote