Thread: Dead Battery??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by novels.books View Post
I am facing an issue with my EZReader Pocket Pro. I bought it 7 months ago. For the past month I am having some problems. The battery dies within 3 days. I charge it for 8-9 hours. And again, after 2-3 days, it just dies.

I have done the following things:

1. Pressed and held the "Reset" button for 10 seconds.
2. Removed the battery from the socket and they inserted it again after 30 minutes.
3. Flashed it with an old firmware, with which I had no problems.
4. Changed the SD card.

None of these worked.

I had mailed Aztak support. They replied back telling me to charge the device overnight, unplug the power cable, and then plug back for another 3 hours. This did not work. I mailed them back asking for advise. This was over 2 weeks ago. I am yet to get a reply. Now, the power lasts only 1 day.

Does this mean the battery is dead after just 7 months or is there any other problem??
Dear NovelsBooks:

You can reach Astak by either calling 1-866-368-8788 or emailing (as you did) to support@astak.com.

Please send me a PM with your real name, your real email address, and a copy of your latest email to them.

I apologize for the oversight on their part. Get it to me and I will take it to the Techies.

Offhand, it sounds like your problem may be your firmware. If you have the latest firmware on it... go back to the firmware dated December 2009. You can find that at: www.astak.com. There have been charge life problems reported with the March and April firmware upgrades. I have recommended to everyone to go back to the December firmware which does not have that problem. I am sorry you are having troubles and I do want to get your problem solved!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote