View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I think what applies here is the old line about buying PCs:

"Don't buy it until you're ready to plug it in and start using it."

When it comes to consumer electronics prices will always come down; the question about waiting is about balancing money savings against the use you might've made of it while waiting for your price. In this case, the question becomes: how much is two months' use worth to you.

i agree, buy when you are ready, otherwise you'll end up driving yourself nuts.
consumer electroics are always going to drop but you can't worry about that.

I bought a 32 HDTV 2 years ago for over $600. Today they mostly go for about $400 to $500 for a similiarly specd 32 in. But I also have two years worth of HD watching

the waiting game can get to be a little much after a while. Though I do agree a couple of years ago e-readers were EXTREMELY overpriced. Some stil are.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote